Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Online Education Review

I love online courses. I try to take as many classes online as I possibly can. I only take classes at the school if I absolutely have to. I have a job and I have two children. It makes it so much easier to be able to do my work when I am available. If I have to take a class at school then that involves me having to find a babysitter, getting my kids ready to go, driving to the babysitters, and then driving all the way to the school. I live 45 minutes away from the OU campus so it is quite a long drive.

The best part of online education is that for the most part, I get to teach myself the material. I find it easier to read and look up things myself versus having to listen to a long lecture. I always find myself spacing out when I have to listen to someone talk for too long, so I like the benefit of being able to learn things the way that I learn.

I haven't really had many bad experiences with online classes. The only big thing that I have noticed is that sometimes I put things off until the last minute. This is especially true for classes that have a longer span of time in between deadlines. The biggest advantage is that I can do my homework where ever and when ever I am available to do it. I can honestly say that I would have no idea how to design an online class.

Computer to do online work. Source: Wikimedia Commons



No comments:

Post a Comment