Monday, April 27, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review

I am taking this class as a general education requirement. I came across it by accident because I just needed as many online classes as I could take and this happened to be an option. It sounded interesting so I decided to take the class. This has been a positive experience but that hasn't been the case in a lot of the humanities general education classes that I have taken before.

The thing that I like best about the humanities requirements is that it gives you such a variety of classes that you can take that are outside what your major is. It allows you to pick some classes that are of interest to you and you are able to take them. It is nice to have at least some knowledge of a variety of subject matter not only what your major is.

The thing that I like least about the humanities requirements is that you may not know how difficult the class might be. If you chose a subject based on what sounds interesting, you may end up in a class that becomes overwhelming. The classes that are not specific part of your major may very well screw up your GPA and then you will feel pretty mad at yourself for choosing a class that you are not able to do well in.

A happy face just because I felt like posting it. Source: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment